Home / ITR-3 Return Filing
What is ITR-3 Return Filing ?

The ITR 3 is applicable for individuals and HUF who have income from profits and gains from business or profession. The ITR-3 Form can be filed by those Individuals and Hindu Undivided Families who earn income from Proprietary business or by practising his/her profession. ITR 3 form applies to those individuals of Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) who earn their income through their own business. However, this does not apply if they are a partner in a firm. Such people will be eligible for other ITR forms.

Who is eligible to use this Return Form?

This Return Form is to be used by an individual or a Hindu Undivided Family who is having income under the head "profits or gains of business or profession" and who is not eligible to file Form ITR-1 (Sahaj), ITR-2 or ITR-4 (Sugam) .

Who is not eligible to use this Return Form?

An Individual or HUF who is earning income as a partner of a partnership firm that is engaged in a business/profession is not eligible to file ITR-3. In this case, he can file ITR 2.

Documents required for ITR-3 filing
  • Aadhaar card copy.
  • Form 16 issued by employer in case salary income is earned.
  • Month wise salary slip where form 16 is not been issued by the employer in case salary income is earned.
  • Rent receipts in case of rental income and rental agreement.
  • Bank statement for the financial year for interest on a savings account
  • Form 16A or Interest Statement issued by Banks for Fixed Deposit Interest Income.
  • In case of capital gains, tax profit and loss or capital gain statement issued by the Share broker.
  • Chapter VIA Investment details for claiming deduction as follows:
  • Receipt of children’s school tuition fees.
  • Life insurance premium receipt.
  • Stamp-duty and registration charges.
  • Principal repayment on your home loan.
  • Equity Linked Savings Scheme/Mutual funds investment.
  • Mediclaim payment receipt etc.
  • Profit and loss statement and Balance sheet for the previous year
  • Details of Chartered Accountant conducting Tax audit in case the person is covered under section 44AB.
  • Copies of books of accounts required to be maintained as per section 44AB i.e. Cashbook, Journal book, Sales and Purchase register in case of business and Receipt book in case of the profession.
    ...No Content